A film by Laure Portier
38′ / Documentary / 2019
The Dog’s eye is a portrait of two women, the director and her grandmother.
Both confined behind closed doors, and confronted to the illness of the latter, they try to go beyond what is bound to happen, by strengthening their bond with tenderness.
Direction and Image Laure Portier / Additional sound Zied Mokaddem / Editing Julie Brenta / Sound Editing Fred Meert / Colorist Loup Brenta / Mix Mikaël Barre / Produced by Gaëlle Jones, Perspective Films and Julien Sigalas, Stempel
– Short film Award at Cinéma du Réel, France 2019
– DocumentaMadrid, Spain, 2019
– Ethnocineca International Documentary Film Festival Vienna, Austria, 2019
– Cronograf International Documentary Film Festival, Moldova, 2019
– Festival Côté Court de Pantin, France 2019
– Rencontres du film documentaire de Mellionnec, France, 2019
– Best medium length documentary at FRONTDOC, Italy, 2019
– Kassel Documentary Film and Video Festival, Germany, 2019
– Ji.hlava International Documentary Film Festival, Czech Republic, 2019